Some random nuggets this morning…
– The other day my father asked me, “Is there an actor named “Shitley Killinger?” I replied, “I don’t believe so.” He thought for a minute and then said, “I think I may have really screwed up the People Magazine crossword puzzle.”
– The word “balls” still makes me giggle. I know, I know. Maybe it is all words with “B,” “A” and “L” in them. I dream of the day People Magazine has an article about “Bob Balaban in Islamabad.”
– Ever since “Brokeback Mountain” came out, I’ve found it hilarious to reply to the question, “Have you seen it?” with “I did. You know, I think those two fellas may be more than just friends.”
– I started writing a novel this morning.
– I sometimes like to bury the lead.
So, yeah, a novel.
My buddy Ignun and I were chatting about it yesterday and came to the conclusion, “Other dorks are doing it, why can’t we?”
It’s just time for a novel. I have been thinking about it for quite a while.
I don’t want to give too much away, but the story is really coming together. It’s going to be a little… different. But, if I can write the story that is forming in my head, I think it can be a lot of fun.
I read someplace that a 175 page novel is equal to around 50,000 words. Hell, I’ve written e-mails almost that long.
My first idea for the book was about a young boy who goes to a wizard school and has all kinds of wacky adventures. But, apparently this has already been done. Who knew?
Okay, back to it.