I haven’t been bloggy lately. And that continues, really. But I have been trying to do some work on the new novel idea.
Typically all I need to write is time. (And having a cute girl to try to show off for ALWAYS helps.)
However there is a certain process that I follow when I sit down at the writing desk.
– stare at handwritten outline for follow-up to this
– put baseball cap on
– have the “novel? screenplay? novel? screenplay? telenovela” debate
– spin around in desk chair
– take baseball cap off
– sing along to this song
– drum on space bar with thumbs
– put baseball cap on, but backwards
– wonder if “my writing process” would be a fun idea for a blog post
– decide that it wouldn’t be
– realize I am in my 30s and turn baseball cap around
– ponder the merits of The Snuggie
– write a dialogue exchange that amuses me and give myself a half hour break