Subject: Why ARE there so many songs about rainbows?
I’m glad that you got my e-mail. Eventually.
It seems as though our mutual friend gave me the wrong e-mail address on purpose. (Oh, tell your mom that I’m sure she has lovely eyes too.)
As for your question about my favourite scene in a movie…
I mean, I could go with an obvious choice. Something from The Godfather or Cool Hand Luke… or maybe one from Rounders.
However, I think I am going to choose a bit from Knocked Up. Remember the part when the two couples are out for dinner and the sister tells the two dudes that they should go back in time and have sex? (Apparently I forget the names of all the characters.) There’s the little faux-flirting thing between the dudes. It SLAYS me when Paul Rudd says, “I like the way you move.”
It’s just the perfect delivery of the perfect line for the moment.
Isn’t that what we all aspire to? The perfect line in the perfect moment, NOT sex with a chubby dude with curly hair. I can’t stress that enough.
I accidentally watched MADE OF HONOUR (Canuck spelling on purpose!) the other day. How did I watch it accidentally, you ask. Well, I’m not going to lie to you…
So, I watched it and I had a few thoughts*:
1) Patrick Dempsey has never played basketball in his life. McSticktosquashdude.
2) He was supposed to be a college senior ten years ago? *I* was already out of college ten years ago, and he is considerably(ish) older than I am.
3) He was friends with that girl for ten years before realizing he liked her? Come ON. Granted she’s a bit skinny, but she’s adorable. I understand suspension of disbelief, but that would require a mob hit of disbelief.
4) It’s called MADE of Honor. How is he made of honour? Dude stopped a wedding! Which, frankly, looks like fun.
Enough about me (I’ve honestly never said that before), what were you like in high school? One of the cool kids hanging out in the cool bathroom? (The shitterati, if you will.)
Ready for an embarrassing confession? I was on the phone when your e-mail arrived and I actually said “yay!” Out loud. Sadly that wasn’t even in the top 5 of my unmanly moments this week.
Hey! Look out behind you,
* In the spirit of full disclosure, I should mention that one of the exec producers read a screenplay of mine a while back and passed on it (though with some very positive feedback.)